Top Story 360

“Ex-NY Prosecutor Leaves Behind Shocking Paper Trail of Bribes Before Taking His Own Life as FBI Closes In!”.hienca

September 28, 2024 by HienCa Leave a Comment

Former Orange County Prosecutor Stewart Rosenwasser committed suicide in his home Tuesday as FBI agents unsealed multiple charges against him, including bribery, for using his high-profile position to benefit a self-proclaimed millionaire client.

The former New York prosecutor who fatally shot himself as FBI agents tried to arrest him on bribery charges left a paper trail of illicit checks and text messages with his co-conspirator, which led federal investigators right to him according to the indictment.

Stewart Rosenwasser, 72, former prosecutor of Orange County, allegedly accepted $63,000 in bribe payments while he was the chief counsel to the District Attorney’s Office and executive assistant district attorney. The indictment, unsealed Tuesday, brought multiple charges, including bribery, conspiracy to commit bribery, conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, honest services wire fraud, extortion under color of official right and making false statements.

The checks came from his co-defendant Mout’z “Marty” Soudani who quietly issued a string of $5,000 payments marked “loan” over a two-year period. Federal agents said the evidence led them to corner the former prosecutor at his home Tuesday morning where he fired a single shot before ultimately ending his own life.

Soudani allegedly paid Rosenwasser to use his federal position to target two close relatives

Soudani allegedly paid Rosenwasser to use his federal position to target two close relatives

The two men, according to the indictment, would do in-person drop offs. Federal prosecutors said Rosenwasser and Soudani met at obscured locations, including restaurants, to exchange packages containing the former prosecutor’s periodic payment. In November 2022, they met at a local diner where the purported millionaire paid Rosewasser $15,000. Soudani had hired the government official to pursue an embezzlement case against his sister and nephew who he accused of theft.

He also seized money from the Soudani’s relatives, which he funneled into the former restaurant owner’s pockets “as restitution.” About a month later after the November payment, Rosenwasser texted his client saying: “I give my word at the end you will be extremely more than happy.”

Soudani was successfully arrested and arraigned on federal corruption charges Tuesday

Soudani was successfully arrested and arraigned on federal corruption charges Tuesday ( Image: ABC)

Rosenwasser lied to senior leadership at the district attorney’s office about the dynamic between him and the co-defendant in order “to conceal his criminal conduct.” David Hoovler, the Orange County district attorney, didn’t criticize Rosenwasser’s actions but instead expressed empathy for his family.

“Truly heartbreaking that it ended this way,” he said in a statement. “My heartfelt condolences go out to his family.” Before silently resigning from his post in June, the former prosecutor won several awards during his tenure, including the Arson Prosecutor of the Year Award last year.

Soudani was successfully arrested and arraigned on federal corruption charges Tuesday but quickly released on bail, according to prosecutors. The indictments states the pair held meetings at obscured locations to talk about their illicit dealings.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • Breaking News: Dani Carvajal Draws a Line in the Sand—Demands Immediate Removal of “Failed Star” from Real Madrid or Faces Internal Crisis! 🚨.
  • Breaking News: Tennis Star Eala Declines $30 Million Deal to Focus on Tournament, Faces Shocking Ban Amidst Pressure – What Really Happened? Find Out!.
  • Breaking News: Shocking Discoveries Inside Diogo Jota’s Secret Apartment – What the Police Uncovered Could Change Everything!.
  • Breaking News: Shocking Last-Minute Change to Diogo Jota’s Schedule Provokes Heated Argument Caught on Camera at Midnight!.
  • Breaking News: Reuben Owen from Our Yorkshire Farm Proposes to Girlfriend Jessica Ellwood—Fans Are Overjoyed!.

Recent Comments

  1. Alfredo Canedo Jr on Caitlin Clark’s Absence from the WNBA Playoffs Sends a Strong Message After Record-Breaking Viewership, Highlighting the Impact of Rising Stars .giang
  2. A WordPress Commenter on Hello world!

Copyright © 2025 · Paradise on Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in